Base Manager, Maintenance- MSP
All About Us
The Maintenance Base Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations for the maintenance department of Endeavor Air at the maintenance base. Lead a team of operations manager’s supervisors, technicians and support staff to ensure the safe operation and timely repairs with regards to all safety, regulatory, service and communication requirements associated with their assigned base.
All About The Role
- Determine aircraft and components are maintained based on established procedures and FAR.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff concerning: work assignments, on-the-job instruction, job procedures, safety, and best work practices.
- Assist in staffing process to prescreen, interview, and hire qualified technicians.
- Provide training to new technicians and continuously develop current employees to better manage and staff the bases.
- Assist with employee performance development and disciplinary actions.
- Conduct investigations and employee interviews when violations of company policy or federal regulations occur.
- Monitor staffing levels to ensure base personnel are properly trained in accordance with the Company Maintenance Training Program and meet FAA requirements.
- Manage and evaluate established standards of operational performance and appearance for the Hangar and Line.
- Oversee the base activities, implementation of new policies, and maintenance programs.
- Monitor Base performance (delays/completion) to ensure the Base maintains an efficient operation.
- Develop and streamlines processes, base improvements, strategies, staffing, and quality standards.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed by all areas of the maintenance department.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the FAA and assists in gathering and/or providing information as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
All About You
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with 4 year degree preference
- 3-5 years of experience in technical aircraft maintenance with increasing responsibilities
- 3 years people management and leadership experience required
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, aviation safety standards, safe operating practices under Part 121 FAR
- Valid driver’s license and must be insurable under company insurance coverage
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- PC proficiency using Microsoft Office.
Endeavor Air is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.See Description