AIT Lead Engineer
Guidant Global (Agency)
Published 1 week ago
- To promote and drive AIT standards ensuring engineering concepts are delivered to the shop floor in a controlled manner.
- Ensure quality and process robustness through promotion of best practise within team and between disciplines.
- Leading the AIT mechanical team to the success of the mission.
- Responsible for the Mechanical Satellite element and lead the mechanical team on an ENS project through Phases 'A', 'B', 'C/D' and 'E'
- Leading a team of AIT engineers on the specific project
- Planning the mechanical team's activities on a weekly basis (including operations team) and implementing this plan.
- Supporting the use of 3Dx Delmia on the specific project
- Produce specs from test requirements, write test plans, DDV, plans, AIT plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Control of all project MGSE, flight & support equipment
- Produce MGSE requirement specs from test requirements, operating and maintaining MGSE.
- Alignment - producing test procedures and operating and maintaining optical alignment equipment.
- Designing test equipment, overseeing its manufacture, and commissioning
- Mechanical handling or spacecraft, instruments, payloads, solar arrays, antennas etc
- Prepare and carry out environmental tests (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal) at unit, subsystem, instrument, and spacecraft level.
- Install and validate test instrumentation.
- Support propulsion testing
- Handling and installation of thermal hardware
- Mechanical integration and testing of electronic units, subsystems and instruments, mechanisms, antennas, solar arrays, mechanical sub-systems, instruments, payloads and spacecraft and control the documentation associated with performing these tasks.
- Pyrotechnic handling, installation, and safety
- Plan and control workload of the AIT team consisting of engineers and technicians.
- Be able to travel overseas to work for short periods (typically 2-3months, could be 6-7 months on occasions)
- Be able to integrate quickly and easily into an AIT team.
- Highly motivated and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Relevant engineering experience.
- Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases
- Use of SAP or other ERP System
- Understanding of build documentation and the need for it
- Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
- Managing a team during day-to-day activities ensuring work is completed on time and the correct standard
- Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Face-to-face dealings with customers and suppliers
- Worked in volatile, high pressure environments to resolve technical and personnel conflicts
- Spacecraft Mechanical testing on prime projects is essential
- Leading other team members
- Production of MGSE specs and operation of MGSE and flight HW
- Production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans)
- Producing test procedures and operating and maintaining optical alignment equipment
- Launch campaign experience