EarthStream Global are currently looking for a Chief Airworthiness Engineer to support one of our established clients on a permanent basis.
The Chief Airworthiness Engineer is responsible to establish the businesses compliance philosophy and ensure both initial and continuing airworthiness & compliance of the product.
The Chief Airworthiness Engineer must balance the company and regulatory requirements to first and foremost ensure a safe & compliant airplane while establishing policies and standards in order to support the company’s business needs.
The Chief Airworthiness Engineer provides leads his team of senior engineers to provide clear guidance to the design engineering organization regarding what is necessary and sufficient for compliance, drives appropriate visibility and priority for safety & compliance concerns, and develops strong working relationships with company leadership team, the JCAB and other FCAAs to support compliance agreements.
The Chief Airworthiness Engineer directs their team to:
- Develop and negotiate compliant and executable certification standards, requirements, and means of compliance
- Troubleshoot complex compliance concerns to support product certification
- Establish & enforce consistent applicant standards on design compliance
- Build strong relationships with the JCAB, and FCAA engineering leaders
- Establish development/training standards for company engineering compliance personnel including development of local staff
- Manage interactions between engineering personnel and CAAs
- Provide engineering input to CAA rulemaking processes on behalf of MITAC
- Provide engineering input to certification process team
- Support engineering team’s development of compliance plans
- Direct development and implementation of Continued Operational Safety Process (COSP)
- 15+ years of OEM engineering leadership, including development programs
- Strong knowledge of global certification requirements and compliance standards, including continuing airworthiness
- Significant experience interfacing with regulators to support certification agreements
- Desired: previous experience in an authority, delegate, or delegated organization leadership role
- Firm understanding of authority & industry roles in rulemaking and compliance
- Ability to effectively direct a senior team from diverse backgrounds in the completion of complex and integrated certification tasks
- Ability to provide a strong voice in support of certification and compliance needs when working with senior engineering and program leadership
- Ready and excited to work dynamically in a complex environment