Job Role: Project Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Salary/Rate: ?50.00 - ?60.00 per per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Cleared or Willing to Undergo
Project Systems Engineer - Contract - Lincolnshire - ?50.00 - ?60.00 per per hour
- Project Systems Engineers - responsible for progressing aircraft mission system projects through the design life cycle for the Sentinel System.
- This position requires sound knowledge and experience of aircraft avionics, mission systems, communications, radar and avionics design on modern aircraft, with a focus on military variants and must have significant experience of working with industry on avionic and electrical system evolution.
- This role is ideally suited to an experienced aircraft systems engineer but may also suit ex-Service personnel with Project Team experience in an Avionics role.
Main Duties for Project Systems Engineer:
The successful applicant will participate in all aspects of the engineering design life cycle, communicating across all business areas to plan resolution activities and will report to the Lead Project Engineer within the Design & Technical Engineering Service of the Integrated Sentinel Support Solution (ISSS) programme.
This position offers an exciting challenge in supporting the ISSS programme going forward with responsibilities for:
- Progressing the design changes though the development life cycle.
- Producing design artefacts in progression of the design.
- Working closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Reviewing and analysing data provided by the OEMs.
- Developing modification proposals with OEMs for Aircraft Avionic and Mission system modifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Developing design solutions that meet customer requirements in accordance with Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles.
Essential Requirements for Project Systems Engineer:
- Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering discipline or equivalent aircraft experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience with the design and support of avionic and mission systems.
- The applicant must have significant experience working with industry on avionic system evolution.
- Experience with working within an aircraft design environment and progressing changes through the design life cycle.
- Understanding of RAF Aircraft Air and Support Documents.
- Understanding of military aircraft design regulations including MAA RA's.
- Strong focus on process with the ability to develop new and improve existing procedures within the existing airworthiness framework.
- Flexibility to travel to support meetings.
Desirable skills and experience for Project Systems Engineer:
- Knowledge and experience of the Bombardier Global Express Aircraft.
- Completion of Bombardier Global Express Avionic course.
- Knowledge of Bombardier Global Express and Sentinel RMk1 Aircraft avionic and Mission systems.
- Recent and proven experience in a design support role on military aircraft avionic systems.
- Demonstrable technical experience on a military aircraft programme.
- Practical aircraft integration experience including knowledge of factors affecting installed performance of electrical systems such as loss budget, EMI/EMC, connector and termination selection, software integration etc.
- Liaison with OEM's to support defect investigations and corrective actions.
- Knowledge of aircraft certification basis and safety.
- CEng or IEng Status with associated membership of a professional body such as the IET.
- Experience at presenting technical data to a customer.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND:
If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you ?250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Cleared or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Cleared or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.