The Personnel Assistant I performs a variety of general personnel clerical tasks in such areas as employee records, benefits, education, training, employment/staffing, compensation, employee labor relations, and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action.
- May conduct surveys and update manual and automated personnel records.
- Perform various human resource tasks throughout compensation, benefits, staffing/employment, EEO procedures and policy administration.
- May be required to operate general office equipment such as: typewriter, personal computer, copier, adding machine, and facsimile.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of various office software packages.
- Ability to operate office machines.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Previous office experience, preferably in Human Resources preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
- No travel required