Security Senior Officer will plan and develop Security data collection systems, use wide range of networks, document the occurrences in order to provide a proactive approach and effective response to threats. Monitor the effectiveness of responses or action taken by conducting regular evaluations and inspections.
1. Coordinates collection and distribution of all security information and documentation taking into account basic aviation practices involving aircraft and corporate facilities by providing safeguards against unlawful acts of interference, through practices, procedures, analysis and liaison with police and security forces.
2. Prepare and process documents, transcribe documents, perform word processing?? to assist with development of security travel reports. Analyse, evaluate and provide recommendations to the Manager Security with regards to any contravention of security measures. Take necessary action in order to restore security standards which includes implementation of measures recommended during periods of increased risk or for special flights and routes.
3. Establish and maintain contacts both internally and externally to gather information on rules, legislations and policies to safe guard the Airline.
4. Evaluate intelligence reports related to bomb threats and decide course of action ensuring that there is limited disruption to the operation and that passengers, crew, staff, property and aircraft are safe.
5. Guide and advise staff and airport authorities on security search techniques and control wherever necessary the search and evacuation of aircraft/premises in response to bomb threats and other security incidents.
6. Review and update Security Regulations, Directives and Advice as appropriate for dissemination. Initiate special security measures during periods of incidents of increased threats.
7. Conduct audits and inspections to ensure that recommendations have been implemented are suitable and adequate with clarity of responsibilities and accountabilities.
8. Conducts Threat Risk Assessments, decide course of action ensuring that there is limited disruption to the operation and that passengers, crew, staff, property and aircrafts are safe.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Degree or equivalent
• Aviation auditor qualifications with supporting academic studies in Aviation Security.
• Fluent in English
• A minimum of 3 years of Aviation Security experience
• Experienced in implementation and maintenance of global security strategy.
• Experience in conducting investigations, responding to GCAA or international CAA enforcement actions or letters of investigation.
• Experience in other security-related fields.
• International and Domestic experience in air transportation regulations, policy, safety, security, emergency response and risk analysis and prevention, in order to perform critical job accountability.
Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge of current and developing technical equipment/facilities, techniques for loss reduction, audit processes and management practices.
• Extensive background knowledge in analysis of corporate security issues, solution and policies.
• Knowledge of and experience in aviation security operations; or
• Knowledge in the following specific areas:
• intelligence data collection;
• ground security issues as well in-flight security;
• restricted and prohibited articles;
• An overview of terrorism
Certificate / License required
• Training and an understanding of Aviation Security principles; international, regional and national regulations; and compliance monitoring.
• Travel is required to current destinations and new flydubai destinations.
• Must be available 24/7.
• Must gather daily intelligence even on weekends and public holidays.
• Customer Focus
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Business Acumen