Director of Quality and Compliance, North America
The Director of Quality will be responsible for the maintenance and continual improvement to the organizations Quality System in order to ensure compliance to industry standards including ASA-100, AS9100/ISO9001 as well as certification to customer/regulatory agencies. In addition, the Director of Quality will be responsible for developing strategic quality plans in support of company objectives, investigate procedures pertaining to customer complaints and advise on Technical matters. This role will lead the Health and Safety requirements of the business. This role is accountable for the following:
- Provide leadership and management of the Quality Management System, Quality Standards (AS9100), and related internal process documents
- Work with the Management Team to formulate and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Report to the Management Team on department performance, including the quality management system, quality standards, audits, and supplier management, and propose improvements as needed in those areas.
- Ensure that all internal audits are performed and documented pursuant to the policies and procedures
- Maintain all maintenance corrective action and training policy and procedures and ensure that all corrective, preventive, and root cause actions for all audits internal and customer are taken, documented, and communicated.
- Direct and facilitate investigation and resolution of quality incidents, process deviations and customer complaints and inquiries.
- Maintain the Export Compliance program in accordance with US Export Regulations
- Lead the Health and Safety Committee, holding regular meetings and work with HR and other departments to meet Company Objectives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Ensure training efforts lead to the effective implementation of investigation/problem solving tools when performing inbound and outbound inspections and lead knowledge for the rest of the organization.
For this role, we look for top talent who:
- Has extensive aviation and aerospace experience.
- Has a passion for continuous improvement and quality assurance in an organization
- Has strong supervisory skills and can manage a team
Experience so that you can hit the ground running:
- Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong internal & external communication skills.
- Strong written skills.
- Ability to work well both on your own and within a team environment.
- Deep Understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced level experience with spreadsheet and presentation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or seven years related experience in an aerospace quality and/or manufacturing environment including management responsibilities. Extensive working background with industry standards such as ASA-100, TAC-2000, AS9100, ISO9001, FAA Part 21, FAA Part 145, EASA Part 145.