Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt Availability: Part-Time status, with availability to work more hours, must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
The Banquet Captain reports directly to the Food & Beverage Managers to assist with leadership and overall food service operations during events at Boise Centre. The Banquet Captain actively works on the floor directing the banquet staff in accordance to Boise Centre standards. Serving as a liaison between the Client, Event Managers, Culinary Staff, and Event Operations Crew, the Banquet Captain must have exceptional customer services skills and make multiple decisions quickly. In this position, one must exercise independent judgment and be able to hold themselves and others accountable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Food and Beverage Managers with overall food service operations during an event
- Assists banquet staff in proper table set-up, food and beverage service, and clean-up of events
- Creates and maintains a positive culture for the staff during the entire event
- Analyzes Banquet Event Orders to plan and assign duties ensuring all preparations are accomplished in a timely manner
- Conducts Team meetings before each event service
- Ensures timing and flow of the event and food service is maintained
- Interact with clients and guests while delivering outstanding customer service
- Holds all Servers accountable for overall customer service and productivity during events
- Assists Food & Beverage Managers with training and performance of all Service Staff
- Ensures safety and sanitation regulations are followed
- Works as a team player, sharing knowledge and skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year leadership experience
- Alcohol Server Certification for City of Boise, required within 60 days of employment
- Preferred 3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry, or related experience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to read and interpret documents, following instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to adhere to Boise Centre's uniform and appearance standards
- Ability to collaborate and listen to others and clients needs
- Leadership abilities to coach staff and be proactive and approachable
- Skills: initiative, customer service, dependability, proactive, self-starter, professional and courteous communicator
Physical Requirements: must be able to perform physical requirements of the job with or without accommodation
- Involves moderately heavy manual work and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to lift and balance trays with up to 10 plates of food on top
- Sufficient body mobility to walk, kneel, crouch and bend and constantly requires walking and reaching
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- May occasionally require work in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, in high places, near fumes and toxic chemicals and variable room temperatures
WHY BOISE CENTRE?
Boise Centres mission as Idahos premier event venue is to WOW our guests with unforgettable experiences. Our team of passionate, creative professionals are devoted to excellence in food, service, amenities, and venue management. By joining our Food & Beverage Team you will be an essential part to ensuring our clients and guests are impressed with our venue and services.
Get involved in Boise Centre by participating in our WOWgistics program and immerse yourself in the great culture, growth, and opportunities Boise Centre have to offer!
Employment with Boise Centre is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check.