Reporting to the Accountable Manager, in this challenging position you will act as the focal point and be responsible for the development, administration and maintenance of an effective safety management system.
Your primary role will be to verify, by monitoring activity in the fields of Flight Operations, Training and Ground Operations, that the standards required by the Authority, and any additional requirements defined by Elitavia, are being carried out under the supervision of the relevant Nominated Persons. Additionally, you will be monitoring product delivery in accordance with the highest safety level and company standards.
Featuring among the duties associated with the position:
- Facilitate hazard identification, risk analysis and management;
- Monitor the implementation of actions taken to mitigate risks,
- Provide periodic reports on safety performance;
- Ensure maintenance of safety management documentation;
- Ensure that there is safety management training available and that it meets acceptable standards;
- Provide advice on safety matters;
- Ensure initiation and follow-up of internal occurrence / accident investigations;
- Reports serious occurrences to relevant authorities;
- Provides routine reports and analyses on occurrences;
- Ensures that relevant safety information is promulgated throughout Elit’Avia and publishes an internal safety bulletin;
- Delegates duties to, and supervises the Flight Safety Officer;
- Conducts risk assessments on new developments, procedures, processes, areas and airports of operation and suggests risk mitigation strategies;
- Manages operational safety risks and security threats;
- Develops, implements and maintains the Elit’Avia Security Program;
- Performs station security audits, inspections and surveys to review the effectiveness of the program;
- Supervises security training;
- Liaises with Aviation Safety and/or Security Authorities.
Successful applicants will have:
- Minimum three years relevant work experience in aviation industry.
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Be very fluent in written and spoken English;
- Be based in Europe (Slovenia, Malta, San Marino) and willing to travel
- Be European citizen or eligible to reside and work in Europe