ALG is currently hiring a qualified Aircraft Machinist, to work for our client based in Brisbane Airport. Our client is a well-established airline with extensive operations nationwide. This opportunity will offer the successful candidates excellent working conditions, competitive hourly rates, and ample career prospects.
Starting as soon as possible, this position will have a regular Monday to Friday schedule, with an excellent work environment and learning opportunities in the aviation industry.
The main areas of responsibility for this position are:
- Interpret complex blueprint drawings and specifications to set-up and machine items to produce parts as required
- Interpret blueprint drawings to fabricate complex detail parts as required
- Assist other fabricators in resolving issues and completing jobs
- Operate various machine types proficiently to fulfil the above responsibilities
To be successful, candidates will possess the following:
- Formal Qualifications in a relevant Engineering Trade
- Relevant Experience in the fabrication of machinery parts, ideally within an aviation context
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of manual and computer-based machining tools
- Ability to quick technical interpretation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance and to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Santiago at our Brisbane Head Office on (07) 3860 4747, Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 17.00 AEST.