Important! This job ad is no longer active
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Career Flight Operations Generalist to join their team in San Ab
- Creates and adjusts flight plans, as needs/conditions change. Develops plans that meet all applicable FAA and international rules and regulations for developmental test aircraft, production flights and delivery aircraft, including domestic and international commercial and military aircraft.
- Uses JETPLAN and other on-line tools and resources to gather information on current weather conditions, plan flight routes, determine hazardous conditions and other flight information related to safety of flight.
- Evaluates conditions and makes decision to reroute flights on basis of analysis as necessary.
- Prepares and delivers a briefing to the flight crew; answers crew questions about flight plan and provides rationale for decisions.
- Uses standard flight operations software (FOS) to coordinate aircraft schedules, allocate qualified flight crew, monitor any flight schedule changes and notify flight crew.
- Reviews schedule with flight ops manager and/or Customer Delivery Center.
- Tracks and monitors the qualifications for crew as defined by regulatory, contractual or test defined requirements.
- Leads and trains life support equipment technicians in the inspection, repair, testing, packing and maintenance of safety, life support, egress and communications equipment
- Documents the inspection history of periodic inspections on flight equipment
- Conducts quality assurance tests on equipment.
- Plans and schedules daily work routines for self and less experienced personnel.
- Supports test and production flights by providing necessary life support equipment.
- Supports on-site testing of new equipment at various locations. Leads and trains life support equipment technicians in the evaluation of new flight equipment designs for aircraft and aircrew and helps integrate with current equipment and the aircraft interface.
- Coordinates fabrication of equipment items from drawings, blueprints or special instructions from technical orders or per Company policies.
- Monitors, maintains and is responsible for the inventory of flight clothing and spare parts in support of air shows.
- Conducts initial and recurring training, both on-site and off-site, in egress procedures, water survival and survival equipment for flight crew members per customer requirements, for both domestic and international customers.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
- FAA Dispatcher License
- Experience as a licensed FAA licensed Flight Dispatcher
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- FAA Parachute Rigger certificate
no requirements specified