Adecco Aviation are pleased to be working along side an international Ground Handler based at London Luton Airport supporting one of the airports largest and most well know airlines.
Our client are offering permanent roles on a 30 hour contract starting in September paying up to ?10.22 per hour working on a 6 on 3 off rotation.
Our client have a fantastic culture which seeks to empower employees to fulfil their potential throughout their career. They ensure that they equip their employees for success in their roles and to deliver excellence for the Airlines they partner with.
In order to be meet the criteria required, you will need to;
- Hold a FULL UK Driving
- Be able to work any hours covering a 24/7 operation with no restrictions ( IE study etc)
- Be able to make your own way to London Luton Airport
- Provide Eligibility to work in the UK
- Be happy to undertake a Basic Disclosure ( Criminal Check)
- Provide 5 years written references and support any gaps of 30 days or more
This is a physical role which involves you moving and lifting baggage. This role also requires you to be working outside in all weather conditions.
The role will involve:
Deliver high performance standards around all aspects of baggage handling, meeting the requirements of our customers and maintaining health and safety and overall good working practices in accordance to company policies and procedures at all times.
Main accountabilities include:
- On-load and off-load baggage manually or mechanically, in accordance with the relevant training received.
- Gather, input and process all data and documentation necessary for the fulfilment of the success of the operation, by manual, automated or computerised systems, including weather reporting.
- Undertake all relevant baggage sortation duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carry out area hazard checks.
- Carry out aircraft inspections.
- Carry out equipment inspections.
- Report any faults or irregularities with equipment, facilities or processes to the appropriate management.
- Operate position and remove company equipment, in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the relevant training received.
You will need to be reliable, punctual and demonstrates organisational skills. You will also need to demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and situations.
Due to nature of the role, you will be required to:
- Remain up to date with all station notices relating to policies and procedures
- Remain up to date with all relevant operational training
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment at all times
- Comply with the Company's open, fair and honest reporting culture
If the above sounds like you, our client are able to offer a permanent role, a competitive salary, starts in the next few weeks, paid training and ongoing upskilling.
Send you CV or call me ASAP /
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. It is not intended to be exhaustive. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. This job description does not form part of the post holder's terms and conditions of employment and may be varied from time
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy