Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
This position is responsible reviewing all maintenance discrepancies for operational impact and develops an action plan to reduce or eliminate a delay.
- Develops technical action plans for identifying and correcting chronic items on aircraft.
- Works with engineering to determine solutions to improve system reliability for chronic failures of aircraft components.
- Coordinates the maintenance, tooling and parts support for all maintenance activities with our vendors and internal departments.
- Coordinates parts and manpower requirements for engine/aircraft repair beyond the capability of contract vendors and monitors repair activities through to completion.
- Insures implementation of repair action plans.
- Insures completion of SDR reports and works in conjunction with the FAA liaison to provide follow-up as requested by the FAA.
- Analyzes problem areas and recommends corrective action through technical interaction with maintenance vendors, engineering and flight crews.
- Identifies chronic aircraft problems and develops detailed action plans for their repair.
- Briefs maintenance management on aircraft systems problems and provides corrective action plans.
- Travels with the aircraft to gather additional information on aircraft problems as required.
- Briefs Duty Manager and above on status of all aircraft in work on shift.
- Provides oversight to Tech Advisors as required
- Conducts fleet maintenance historical analysis in developing long term corrective actions
- Provides on the job training for Maintenance Control/Line Maintenance personnel
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the airline industry, preferably with wide-body aircraft.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to read wiring diagrams, structural repair manuals, maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs (Excel, Word, IE etc.)
no requirements specified