The client, a market leader and global player in the aircraft charter sector, is looking for Business Development Manager to join their Freight team.
Reporting to the Director Freight, the key role of the Business Development Manager is to drive new business opportunities and open new sales channels for the UK and the wider Global Freight business. It is expected that this role will help the Freight team in expanding the client's customer base in line with the company strategy and vision.
General responsibilities and key tasks include, but not limited to:
- Taking a lead role in shaping strategic direction of Freight in the global market.
- Responsible for outlining new approaches and business models to develop the business e.g. how content can be integrated into systems and how to generate revenue from this approach.
- Responsible for liaison with the Director - Freight, to ensure resources and services to support and deliver the strategy
- Responsible for providing business direction into cycle planning, sector development and portfolio management
- Responsible for providing business direction into product developments to ensure that the client delivers unique, superior products and services that differentiate within the marketplace and deliver benefits and value to the customer.
- Horizon scanning to inform business development opportunities and identify market trends
- Responsibility for business development planning, customer and competitor analysis, proposal design and tender bids to grow the business
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to develop/upsell existing business, and identify and pursue new business opportunities for Freight products and services
- Leading role in contract negotiations
- Ensure all client and supplier activities are logged in CRM
- Preparation of tender bids
- Preparation and presentation of business proposals to clients
- Provide visible leadership as Freight Business Development Manager – within and outside of the client Group – e.g. Corporate clients, consumer reports/thought leadership and working with new product development, Sales, Technology and Marketing teams
- Attend and present at relevant events and meetings with key influencers to generate business leads and raise the profile of the Freight department.
- Responsible for working with Freight brokers in the UK to ensure client relationships are maintained according to client standards and to incorporate our client care programme into the sales cycle.
- Responsible for providing user experience feedback from customers – and trouble shooting where necessary to protect existing, and develop new business
- Attending key conferences and trade shows to engage users and purchasers of freight charter products and services and generate leads
- Provide market feedback about business development opportunities that could be exploited through development of niche content or data sets.
- Experience in a high end sales environment – preferably within an airline, freight forwarder or broking company
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively and capable of influencing others
- Have great leadership skills and the ability to build successful relationships with clients, contacts and colleagues
- Must be highly strategic and Customer centric
- Competitive nature and attitude to work, with the ability to handle working in a high pressured environment
- Familiarity of working with a CRM system
- Highly motivated and self confident with the ability to maintain high levels of enthusiasm
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Business / commercial acumen and a professional approach to work
- Foreign language abilities would be an advantage
- IT literate with advance Microsoft Office Skills
- Flexible in your approach to your work and willing to travel (sometimes at short notice)