Primary focus of this role would be to drive initiatives in understanding the business needs and go the extra mile to think on behalf of the customer to provide potential IT solutions to the business.
The individual will be the liaison between the business and the IT development team working along with the senior manager to understand the business requirements and deliver products to the stakeholders.
1. Compile requirements working with the business owners and drive the initiatives through SDLC to build strategic and tactical IT solutions.
2. Propose IT solutions to the business through interactive requirements gathering session and screen mockups that would empower the business in their day to day operations and decision making process.
3. Compose the requirements document by defining use cases that would bring clarity to the requirements specified by the business and present the same in a format that can be shared with stakeholders.
4. Understand the business requriements and be organized/methodical to articulate the requirements using modeling tools to the development team which would ensure the requirements are complete and unambiguous.
5. Process map the business requirements using BRD’s or SRS or Change request based on the scope of the project to ensure the requirements fit the business need and meets essential quality standards
6. Manage the project implementation using agile methodology and work as the scrum master for the daily scrum meetings to deliver feature based applications to the commercial organization.
7. Develop and maintain project work schedule with activities, timelines and critical paths using project management tools to ensure on time delivery of solutions along with risks involved and the mitigation plan.
8. Co-ordinate and liaise with all the teams (product owners, infrastructure, development and vendors ) involved in the creation of the final product that is delivered to the business meets both the timeline and the functionality as identified during the requirements gathering and feasibility analysis phase.
9. Collaborate with Senior Manager IT Business Alignment in finalising the following using appropriate tools
a. Project budgets
b. Prioritize IT initiatives
10. Understand the requirements from multiple business stakeholders holistically rather than a silohed approach which would enable identify upstream and downstream impact of the change and help the team build a robust and scalable product.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• BS/BA degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters level degree in Business/Finance/Management preferred.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst in an airline or travel domain.
• Minimum 5 years' of project management experience.
• Ability to execute projects based on Agile Methodology.
• Experience in conflict resolution across multiple stakeholders involving senior management to achieve the objective.
• Working experience with leading tools for Project management/Business Analysis. End-to-end management of software development from requirements gathering, through to the analysis stages, design models, testing and maintenance with adequate documentation where needed.
Knowledge / Skills
• Highly motivated and self-driven.
• Ability to build client relationships and comfortably interact with senior level management.
• Good understanding of business process re-engineering.
• Thorough understanding of SDLC and PMLC.
• Good understanding of Return of Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and how they are defined.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong and demonstrated team leadership skills.
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Certificate / License required
• Training/Certification in any Business Modelling Language Professional.
• Training/Certification in PMI(PMP), Six Sigma or similar formal methodologies is preferred.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)