In this role, the Simulator Flight Instructor I will be responsible for the delivery of training primarily in a flight simulator or other training device, but also when required in ground school, in accordance with the appropriate regulatory and customer requirements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct pre and post flight simulator briefings in a thorough, professional manner and in accordance with CAE standards.
- Conduct each simulator session in accordance with the CAE, aircraft manufacturer or the customers’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Provide simulator flight instruction for the issue of licenses, type ratings and certificates.
- Complete the appropriate client training records accurately and comprehensively to ensure client understanding and a seamless handover to other instructors.
- Recommend, where necessary, remedial training for a client who is not meeting the required training progress.
- Record simulator usage and discrepancies using the appropriate procedures.
- Track the validity of instructional qualifications to ensure that he/she remains qualified to deliver training at all times in accordance with contractual commitments.
- Act as subject matter expert in creation of curricula and courseware when required.
- Accept training for examiner responsibilities when required by the Head of Training.
- Act as invigilator when examination is conducted.
- Bachelor degree in job-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Passes in all Airline Transport Pilots License written exams.
- Minimum experience required by the Regulatory Authority issuing instructor rating.
- Hold an existing instructor qualification or -rating issued by a Regulatory Authority desirable.
- Meet the relevant minimum qualification and experience requirements for qualification as a Simulator Instructor.
- Hold or has held a professional pilots’ license.
- A working knowledge of the relevant aviation regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
- Strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast paced environment.
- Readily accept changes and adjust accordingly.
- Fluency in English