Under the supervision of the Senior Communications Manager, Communications Manager and Communication Specialist Supervisor, the Flight Coordinator is responsible for receiving emergent and non-emergent telephone requests for patient transport via air and/or ground ambulance. The CS is responsible for the assignment of the most appropriate air or ground unit to serve the customer's request via utilization of a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. The CS is the primary connection between a REACH Medical Holdings, LLC (RMH) Flight Team and the resources they require to perform their mission. The CS serves as the central hub for cross-functional communications support between the Aviation, Maintenance, Operations, Clinical and Administrative departments. The Flight Coordinator will demonstrate proficiency with all the appropriate job-related tools to include but not limited to the utilization of a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system, mapping software, communications equipment, multi-line telephone systems, and digital recording equipment.
- Receive and handle all customer requests for or about medical transports in a friendly, timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with all customers, co-workers, management, and the general public.
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills and be able to accurately document all interactions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to think clearly, remain calm, and act quickly and with sound judgment while under stress.
- Responsible for the assignment and coordination of medical transport by RMH aircraft as well as ground transport by RMH personnel or other ground providers.
- Directly handles all declines and cancels of transport requests with the requesting party by offering alternate solutions or aircraft as appropriate.
- Maintains data entries in the CAD for all requests, declines, cancels and out-of-service activities.
- Determines priority and preferred transport mode for all incoming transport requests in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Tracks and monitors location and status of all on-duty RMH aircraft and personnel.
- Demonstrates a high level of familiarity with the geography for all RMH service areas.
- Communicates directly with the Communication Specialist Supervisor when complicated issues arise.
- Communicates directly with the Flight Team to facilitate transports as needed.
- Participates and contributes willingly, effectively, and efficiently as a team member in various councils accomplishing the stated goals of the organization.
- Participates in debriefs and reviews with crews and communications team as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years customer service experience
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Anticipates and strives to understand the unique needs of each crewmember, patient and/or customer.
- Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
- Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and/or leadership
- Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development.
- Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions, and results.
- Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
- Performs work with high quality and excellence.
- Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
- Pro-active when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes, and services.
- Incorporates Lean Learning principles into daily operations when possible.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Ability to maintain Flight Coordinator requirements per REACH Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Ability to maintain alertness and intense focus for an extended period of time.
- Activities requiring moderate amount of sitting, standing, walking, speaking/listening.
- Frequent hands to key ability to input data and information.
- Close and distance visual capabilities.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work 12+ hour shifts
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
The REACH Medical Holdings Family of Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veteran
no requirements specified