Important! This job ad is no longer active
Pilot, Captain / Commander
Perks/Privileges of Employment:
- Affordable furnished housing
- 128 hours of Paid Time Off, plus Paid Sick Leave
- Health, Dental & Life Insurances, plus 401k Employer Match of up to $4,000 annually
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies & Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Winter Park Season Pass discount
- Overtime for hours worked over 40/week
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
Our mission at Devils Thumb Ranch is to offer guests and employees the true, premier Colorado experience. Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. Living in Grand County offers opportunities to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Winter Park Ski Resort. From epic mountain biking to the growing music scene, its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills across a variety of departments in an incredible setting.
By joining the team, you'll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make the Ranch an unsurpassed guest retreat: access to hiking and Nordic ski trails, discounts at all restaurant outlets, and fun, free employee events. Other great perks that come with the gig include: discounts on lodging, activities, retail and spa treatments, along with transitional affordable housing, free shuttle service, and a free meal during each shift.
Devil's Thumb Ranch is the choice Colorado employer that you have been searching for. Join us!
Principal Purpose of Job: The Banquet Captain is responsible for successful execution of scheduled events: Weddings, BBQs, Corporate Retreats and Family Reunions. In addition, providing Ranch-wide knowledge to clients in the areas of activities, spa, and stable information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with Restaurant Manager and Group Event Manager to execute the event to BEO (Banquet Event Order) Specifications
- Support and contribute to the mission and overall success of the resort by accomplishing performance objectives focused on sales, support to catered staff and ability to task at whole Ranch Wide operations.
- Works with Restaurant Manager and Sales/Marketing staff
- Assists Restaurant Manager with on-site maintenance/upkeep of meeting room set-up, audiovisual equipment and event space premises.
- Managing and maintaining vendor relations.
- Works with Group Sales Staff to ensure that F&B related information is updated in POS Systems (Delphi/Executech) pertaining to Events.
- Oversee set-up/breakdown of all events.
- Provides a leadership role to Events Staff.
- Completes opening and closing shift duties and trains staff on ranch policy/procedures, POS System and banquet service etiquette.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with the production of all conference material, and printed material (Menus, Agendas & Banquet Event Orders-proper communication to Food & Beverage Staff)
- Hard working, able to work under minimal supervision
- Outgoing, friendly, courteous,
- Able to work under stressful time constraints
- Flexible with hours and days worked
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Lifting boxes, general cleaning, set up of banquet tables
- High School Diploma, some higher education preferred
- 2-3 years experience serving/bartending required
- Uniform or Professional Attire /nametag at all times
- Computer literate, must be able to learn the POS system
no requirements specified