The Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties which require an understanding of the facility storage plan, shipping procedures, personal computer operation and the safe operation of warehouse equipment.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Verify all items being received and/or shipped to or from the warehouse.
- Remove material from storage and prepare for shipment.
- Note and report discrepancies and obvious damages upon inspection of material.
- Verify the accuracy of the daily receiving report/shipping log.
- Store, stack or palletize materials in preparation for storage and/or shipment.
- File all paperwork per documented procedures.
- May route incoming items within the company as directed.
- Maintain related records.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge or experience in the handling and management of Government Property desired.
- Operation of hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Knowledge regarding the operation of a personal computer using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of logistics and supply procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse required. Experience using handheld scanners to perform transactions within a warehouse environment desired.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally