Software Flight Engineer - Job Opportunity to Change The World
The first human steps were taken on the moon 50 years ago - now it's time to provide internet to all mankind using balloons traveling on the edge of space.
Billions of people around the world are still without internet access. Our client is building a network of stratospheric balloons, delivering connectivity to all people across the globe. This project is run by world's best known leader in technology sector, famous for its search engine along with other fantastic products.
We're looking for a candidate who:
- Has a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering degree OR around 2-5 years of experience in similar/related field
- Understands Physics (Newtonian)
- Has experience in one or more of the following: SQL, C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Has experience with Linux/Unix
- Is familiarity with aviation operations or satellite operations
- Make tactical decisions affecting airborne activities including testing new hardware, launches and landings
- Debug in-production systems, troubleshoot anomalies related to balloon vehicles and navigation, and work with subsystem engineers to improve subsystems.
- Assist integration and operation of airborne tests and non-standard or new systems
- Coordinate with and provide timely information to Air Traffic Control Agencies and Aviation Authorities around the world for the operation of Loon High Altitude Balloons
- Design and improve processes, automation and monitoring systems for a safe and scalable operations of large fleets of balloons.
This is a great opportunity to take part in a next great project on 50th anniversary of the human moon landing. If you have the above experience please apply asap as you might be the perfect match!