On behalf of client, an aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation company in Arizona, we are recruiting an A&P Mechanics (Hangar) for both their Marana & Tucson locations.
To perform functions assigned in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts and accessories.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, assembly, testing and calibration of aircraft components and company special tools and ground equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manual, FAA regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing and hydraulic units.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Upon removing units from an aircraft, engine, or other major component or subassembly, completes appropriate identification, routing tags and forms and makes appropriate entries into the Component Removal Log.
- Inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Upon completion of work scope obtains the signature of a certified mechanic on work cards or forms.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
- Three to five years’ experience in aircraft maintenance preferred.
- A&P License and valid driver’s license required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
- May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.