Atlantic Flight Training Academy are recruiting for full-time flight instructors. We are looking for both inexperienced as well as experienced Flight Instructors.
AFTA operate a large fleet of G1000, Cessna 172 aircraft, Diamond DA42 and Piper PA34 aircraft training domestic and international cadets for some of the world’s largest airlines, including Ryanair.
We provide our Flight Instructors with a clear and consistent career path as there is room to grow and progress to IRI & CRI positions within AFTA. The opportunity also exists to progress to a First Officer / Training position within Ryanair after the successful completion of 2 year’s service.
- Flight, flight simulation and Ground tuition – Delivering instruction to students and completing the associated paperwork and record keeping.
- Monitoring student progress, carrying out student reviews, providing constructive feedback, making sure flying standards are adhered to and being available if an issue arises.
- Ensuring that training is conducted in accordance with the approved syllabi.
- Maintaining a proactive approach to Health & Safety and acting upon any safety information or instructions in relation to flight operations and regulations as advised by the IAA and AFTA HT.
- Ensuring that student welfare and discipline is monitored at all times.
- Having a cheerful, authoritative, skilful manner and leading by example in both dress and behaviour
- Maintaining full and accountable records for AFTA management.
- Ensuring that all company policies, procedures and manuals and statutory regulations are being adhered to.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of CPL/MEIR FI (A) is required,
- CRI (A) IRI (A) is an advantage for more Senior positions
- ICAO English level 5 or 6 required
- EASA Licence
- EEA Passport and/or Employment Visa to work in Ireland
- Current Medical Certificate
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Legislation, rules (EU FEI / OPS / Sols etc.).
- Knowledge of EASA PART-ORA, ATO Manuals, ATPL theory subjects and practice is required along with knowledge of aircraft and the aviation industry
- Strong problem-solving skills and works well under pressure
- Flexible approach with a student / customer-oriented outlook
- Ability to get on with and inspire young pilots, giving recognition for good work.
- Strong Communications skills with a natural ability to actively listen as well as speak and demonstrate clearly
- Highly organized and disciplined with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with efficient work methods required with analytical & problem solving skills a distinct advantage