All About Us
The manager, Technical Data Control oversees staff and is responsible for publishing and maintaining all aircraft, engine and component technical related data and manuals in addition to administering the technical documentation change request process. The Manager, Technical Data Control reports to the Director, Technical Services and is responsible for the following:
All About The Role
- Supervision of Technical Data Control staff.
- Revision control and currency of manufacturer maintenance manuals.
- Revision control and currency of Company maintenance manuals.
- Revision control and currency of supplemental technical data.
- Establishing policies, procedures and instructional information for technical publications functions relating to end users.
- Coordination and direction of editorial activities of Company maintenance manuals and documents.
- Company maintenance manual system process, content development and control of Company manual interfaces.
- Acting as Person with Primary Responsibility (PPR) for manual revision process for Company maintenance manuals and documents.
- Control and oversight of technical data and manuals published to the Company file server.
- Oversight of technical data and manuals published to manufacturer web sites.
- Providing support to Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Control and Quality Assurance as required.
- Authoring and updating of the Technical Publications Procedures Manual.
- Researching and providing recommendations on new procedures to Company manual system.
- Authoring and updating specific chapters of Company General Maintenance Manual.
- Researching and development of improved software solutions for managing maintenance technical data.
- Coordination of revisions to Company and manufacturer manuals.
- Coordination of Service Bulletin to EO issuance.
- Maintain contact with manufacturers and vendors technical publications departments to ensure compliance with regulatory, industry and Company requirements and standards are met.
- Ensure quality of distribution, presentation and availability of all aircraft maintenance operational manuals and documents.
- Act as focal point for establishing and enforcing manual system rules of construction and format standards, which promote conformity.
- Ensure published Company content contains accurate references to the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Verify comparison of Company manuals and documents against manufacturer manuals and technical documents.
- Monitor daily workload of departmental employees to coordinate resources necessary to meet requirements.
- Training of departmental staff.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of PMI (and other Company computer-aided maintenance tracking systems as necessary) as related to technical documentation and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and be available for consultation with the Director, Technical Services in the following areas: Technical Documentation Control, Technical Publishing Standards, FAA and ATA Publications Standards (Specifications 100, 2100, 2200 and S1000D).
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing internal audit findings to detect and assist in the development and execution of effective and applicable corrective actions.
- Assist in the distribution of EO’s, Maintenance Information Letters and Fleet Campaign Directives.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Technical Services.
- Some repetitive motion such as typing.
- Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags and electronic equipment not in excess of 50 lbs.
- May involve long periods of standing or sitting.
- Work is performed at Endeavor Air’s corporate offices or at other suitable locations in an office environment.
Position requires interaction with all levels of Company management personnel, office personnel, external vendors and FAA personnel.
All About You
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- 2 plus years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing a Technical organization preferred.
- Experience in technical document publishing, web-based publishing and technical data control in accordance with FAA standards, XML/SGML, and ATA Specifications 100, 2100, 2200 and S1000D preferred.
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in performance of essential job functions.
- Competent in computer programs/skills: MS Office suite and general internet applications.
- Strong ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively to meet given time parameters.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of computer software applications such as Word, Excel, Framemaker and Power Point software is required, as well as experience in using the Company Aircraft Maintenance Computer System.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in technical publishing, web publishing, and FAA ATOS and SMS principles is required.
- Proficiency in written/oral communications, research and analytical skills are required.
- Must be willing to work occasional odd hours including some evening, weekends and Holidays.
- Occasional travel is required.
Endeavor Air is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.