On behalf of a highly successful Aviation Organisation supporting rotary contracts, Zenon are looking to source a Rotary Training Pilot to be located in Glasgow. The successful candidate will be responsible for training all helicopter flight crew and TCMs associated with a national air ambulance service, with occasional duties commanding an H145 on single-pilot missions in both HEMS and AA roles
• Competitive Salary
• Company Benefits
Hours of work:
Variable, to suit the demands of the operation, for which a high degree of autonomy will be expected. Flying shifts will occasionally be required at both operating bases to maintain currency and help cover an equal time 4-on / 4-off roster, with a balance between day and night shifts to cover a 24-hour operational period. Duty time will never be more than as permitted under the approved FTL scheme
• Scheduling and delivering initial and recurrent training in accordance with the Helicopter Operations Manual
• Conducting flying tasks in addition to any regulations as laid down by the ANO and/or EASA as amended by legislation
• Effective management and organisation of the operating base; briefing crews on their HEMS responsibilities and maintaining the high personal and professional standards expected from any employees
• Maintenance of aircrew currency with respect to licence, medical, proficiency check(s), line checks, etc, before conducting any flight
• You may occasionally be required to carry out duties of a different nature either in addition to, or instead of, your normal duties. You will not be assigned duties or asked to perform services which are unreasonable or inconsistent with the position applied for.
• Current EASA ATPL(H) with Instrument Rating
• Type rating instructor, preferably with simulator experience
• Minimum 1500 hours as pilot-in-command of aircraft, of which 500 hours is as PIC on twin-turbine helicopters
• Minimum 1500 hours twin-turbine helicopter experience
• Minimum 500 hours experience in helicopters gained in an operational environment similar to the intended operation (eg. UK HEMS or police pilot)
• Minimum 100 hours IFR, of which 25 hours IFR flight experience has been achieved in the relevant operating environment
• Minimum 40 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters at night
• Familiarity with AOC HEMS operations
• Fluent English, driving licence, right to work in the UK
• H145 type rating
• Type rating examiner with simulator privileges
• Instrument rating instructor
• Qualified Crew Resource Management Instructor
• NVIS instructor
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Ashley Ewen in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Ashley Ewen, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.