Pilot, Test Pilot
Pilatus PC12 SET
- Execute post-maintenance required ground runs and maintenance test flights.
- Coordinate with and follow the directions of the Government Flight Representative to include participation in aviation program and safety teams.
- Perform flight readiness inspections and complete maintenance forms and aircraft log books.
- Flight test the applicable aircraft to determine that the airframe, power plant, accessories, and items of equipment are functioning IAW pre-determined requirements.
- Perform maintenance operational checks of aircraft on the ground through engine run-up, aircraft taxiing, or use of auxiliary power or testing equipment, to ensure that aircraft systems or components disturbed during an inspection or maintenance action have been repaired, reassembled, or adjusted satisfactorily.
- Maintain currency/proficiency on aircraft of record.
- Perform general maintenance operational test flights to prove the airworthiness of the completed aircraft.
- Complete test flight check sheets IAW the applicable maintenance manual.
- Perform limited test flights when necessary to prove proper functioning of specific items/components.
- After each test flight, perform a thorough visual inspection to the extent necessary to ensure that deficiencies developed as a result of the test flight are detected and corrected before the aircraft is released for further flight.
- Mentor and provide on-the-job training to assigned partner nation personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to accurately analyze and interpret technical procedures and regulations.
- Must be detail oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Must possess a strong sense of workplace safety, professional customer service, and task urgency.
- Work well with others in a team environment in close proximity for extended periods of time.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as Maintenance Test Pilot.
- Past or current designation as a Pilot/Aircraft Commander on the applicable aircraft and 1,500 hours’ experience (incl. 200 hours as Maintenance Pilot) in performing duties for operational, ferry, and support flights.
- Must be qualified on PC-12.
- Experience supporting flight operations and training in a deployed environment; former military experience is preferred.
- DoD Pilot Training Certification and DoD Transition School for applicable aircraft or FAA/EASA/ICAO approved flight certification required.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Graduate of the U.S. Maintenance Management Course or service equivalent highly desirable.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must possess a military medical or FAA Class II clearance and be able to meet applicable physical and physiological minimum requirements for the applicable aircraft.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening; subsequent random screening per antidrug and alcohol misuse prevention program requirements.
- Work assignment in a remote OCONUS location.
- Austere living and working conditions, with long hours and exposure to harsh weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of requirements to mobilize on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
ARMA Aviation is an EEO/AAP employer.
If you find violations, report this job