To Manage the supply chain at the MRO site during the base maintenance including end of lease checks and control the Inventory and Liaise with the MRO & Lessors on Material related matters in close coordination with the Base Maintenance Liaison Engineer (BMLE).
Take buy / repair decisions for critical / work stoppage requirements with the approval of the Manager – Material Planning & Purchasing and ensure the cost of MRO / Lessor responsibility material are appropriated correctly to achieve reduction in the flydubai spending.
1. Monitor receipt of pre-loads by the MRO and ensure they are booked and staged for the assigned aircraft.
2. Review all material requisitions raised during Heavy Maintenance Checks and Lease Return checks, ensure the supply responsibility is correct.
3. Liaise internally within the Material Section to arrange timely delivery of the Flydubai responsibility Materials.
4. Identify alternate/interchangeable part numbers based on approved technical documents in case the requested materials are not readily available and arrange to supply the same.
5. Attend production meetings to discuss material issues and progress. To advise the BMLE if any supply delay / challenges are anticipated.
6. Whenever a repair or make option is available, expedite with the MRO & BMLE to confirm so that the decision to Buy is not taken very late.
7. Monitor receipt of the drop shipments to MRO from the vendors and liaise with Flydubai Stores to close the orders in AMOS.
8. Monitor FD inventory kept in the MRO and arrange to return unused parts.
9. Follow up with the Production team and the stores dispatch of the MRO for the prompt return of the core components.
10. Monitor all S/V and U/S parts removed from the aircraft and ensure they have the appropriate labels; Liaise within FD Material section and arrange to ship out of the MRO to the FD stores or repair vendors.
11. Authorize MRO to scrap non-repairable materials removed from the aircraft.
12. Vetting the backup documents from the MRO prior to invoicing and confirm if the cost is chargeable to Flydubai or the Lessor.
13. Prepare reports on Material support for Management review.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University degree in Engineering or full technological certificate in aviation related subject .
• Minimum 4 years of practical experience in an aviation material and / or Production Planning out of which minimum 3 years in an independent capacity.
Knowledge / Skills
• Use of IT systems particularly AMOS (MS Suite as well as specific MRO systems)