Job Title: Project/Program Manager (Aerospace) 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
ACS are currently looking for a Program Manager who would like to apply their engineering mindset at a more strategic level negotiating contracts and managing suppliers. This role will offer insights and exposure to management competences to support your personal career path.
- Support the overall Chief Engineer in delivery of a major initiative of strategic corporate importance.
- Plan, commence, execute, supervise, and roundup assigned tasks within the overall project and programme delivery.
- Take ownership and coordinate work packages which fall outside of Design team responsibility e.g. supplier management
- Support preparation for Project Steering Board and External project governance cadence.
- Responsible for the flow of information from the customer, Chief Engineer and project owner to the team regarding the project, especially in relation to communication of changes and management of technical issues
- Provide visibility of metrics to facilitate the handoff from design to procurement e.g. Released bill of material.
- Proactively identify risks before they become issues and maintain the project risk register and actions tracker in support of the overall programme plan
- Trained in AGILE or PRINCE2 project delivery methodology at Practitioner level
- Willingness to take on further Project Management functional training eg. APMP
- Mechanical engineering, degree qualified at Masters level
- Intermediate Excel user, VBA programming and automation of macros
- Aerospace domain delivery experience gained with global OEM or Tier 1.
- Familiarity with New Product Introduction (NPI) process and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for aerospace and automotive industries
ACS are recruiting for a Project/Program Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Project/Program Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Project/Program Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Project/Program Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Project/Program Manager role you desire.