Aircraft Refuelling Technician
London (Gatwick Airport)
Aircraft Refuelling Technician required by one of the world's leading aviation fuel suppliers and leading Fortune 100 brand!
World Fuel Services currently requires Aircraft Refuelling Technicians to manage the into plane refuelling for commercial aviation and operate to the highest standards of Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSHE) and ensuring safe and correct handling, storage and movement of the Company's aviation products.World Fuel Services Corporation is a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and land fuel products and related services. With revenues in excess of $38 Billion, a global footprint of 48 office locations serving over 200 countries and territories, and over 2000 employees based in 24 countries, World Fuel Services offers its customers a value-added outsource service for supply, quality control, logistical support and price risk management.
The role holder will ensure that into-plane refuelling is carried out in accordance with Company Operating Procedures and high levels of customer services are maintained.
- Operating to the highest standards of Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSHE) compliance; proactively assessing, identifying and reporting SSHE related matters or incidents; and fully participating and utilising the Company's safety systems and tools (e.g. Share Its).
- Complying with and maintaining the integrity of all Company safety and operational standards.
- Following the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all operational activities.
- Responsibility for the safe handling, storage and movement of Aviation Product including into-plane refueling; all in accordance with Company quality control and operating standards.
- Correct recording of all stock movement and sales.
- Operating correct emergency procedures in the event of incidents.
- Acting as the first point of contact with customers and maintaining the highest standard of customer service levels.
- Participating in training and maintaining competency in all procedures associated with the handling of Aviation Product and into-plane Refuelling operation.
- Working knowledge of, and implementing as necessary, Company Safety and Emergency Procedures.
- Scheduling work to ensure refueling is completed on time.
- Assisting with the planning of vehicles and/or manpower.
- Inputting all necessary data into the fuel management computer system to control all sales transactions and product movement including end of day reconciliation.
- Maintaining all necessary records on refueling / product quality activity.
- Completing annual training
- Undertaking special responsibilities, when trained.
- Working across a rota in support of a 7-day 24-hour operation. Ensure that these values are applied across the workforce including any service providers / dealers operating WFS owned assets.
- Ensure non-conformance or QHSE incident reports are submitted on the day of the occurrence.
- Contingency Plans - Ensure that Crisis Management Planning for WFS personnel, assets and service provider / dealer operated sites is in place and practiced and recorded at regular intervals.
- Ensure Business Continuity Planning is in place as per WFS policy.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (BACKGROUND AND SKILLS):
The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of 2 years Class 2 driving experience with rigid vehicles and looking to develop their HGV experience with a leading fuel operator.
Into plane refueling experience is desirable
CE Class 1 driving license is preferred but not essential.
Class 2 license is essential.
Strong customer service skills and experience is essential.
Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
Strong numerical and data inputting skills are essential
Strong values around health and safety and experience are essential.
Into Plane Hydrant Refuelling experience is highly desirable.
Safe handling, storage, movement of Fuel Products is desirable.
Knowledge of Aviation Fuelling Systems is Desirable.