All About Us
The Domicile Chief Pilot manages the day-to-day operations for Flight Operations at the assigned base and leads the Base Management team, including Flight Operations Managers (FOMs), Regional Crew Managers and Administration staff, to ensure Pilot competence and qualification with regards to safety, regulatory, and communication requirements.
All About The Role
- Develop and maintain the Base Management team including Flight Operations Managers (FOMs), Regional Crew Managers, and Administration staff, measuring performance by setting goals and objectives to include annual evaluations.
- Supervise flight crewmembers.
- Coordinate with maintenance, aircraft operations, and crew resources departments to maintain operational control of line operations.
- Ensure flight crews meet established levels of compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Responsible for development of a balanced program of discipline and for conducting investigations and interviews when violations of company policy or federal regulations occur.
- Participate in decisions of hiring, promotion and termination of flight operations employees.
- Coordinate with Flight Training during selection of flight check airmen.
- Participate in budget review and reporting process.
- Establish and maintain a close professional relationship with maintenance personnel.
- Ensure crews possess all required company materials such as charts, manuals, forms, and uniforms.
- Establish and evaluate standards of performance and appearance for flight operations department.
- Conduct special studies or projects as required by senior flight operations management.
- Establish policies for and supervise project coordinators and line check airmen assigned to flight operations.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of project coordinators and line check airmen.
- Participate in the SMS program as established by the Director, Safety and Compliance.
- Follow up to crew communication reports, flight safety reports, and other correspondence.
- Participate in scheduled department staff meetings.
- Participate as a member of the Flight Standards review board.
- Can involve long periods of sitting. Computer work, in a typical office environment, subject to critical deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
All About You
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and related experience
- 4 years of experience in airline operations
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Airline Transport Pilot license
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Analytical, interpretive and organizational skills
- Ability to multi task efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and able to work with all levels of an organization
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Knowledge of Endeavor Air policies, procedures and standards
- Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files, etc. not in excess of 30 lbs.
- Ability to meet the requirements of FAR 119.67 for Chief Pilot
- Ability to work additional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Up to 20% travel as needed.
Endeavor Air is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.