All About Us
The Heavy Check Buyer coordinates movement and procurement of materials that are needed to complete aircraft heavy check maintenance, special visit line maintenance, and special maintenance projects.
All About The Role
- Process all daily requests for materials and services for all heavy check locations to include purchase, expedite of repair or coordination of transfers from other locations.
- Ensure all associated documentation is complete and within policy and procedure.
- Proactively monitor all contractual and supplier obligations, as well as ensuring all Endeavor audit requirements are maintained.
- Provide direction to suppliers to ensure all packaging and shipping conditions are met for specific inventory requirements. Resolves any invoice or receiving discrepancies, as required.
- Maintain awareness of various industry economic trends to identify, explore and develop prime and alternate sources for products and services.
- Ensure the supplier selection process provides optimum quality at the most cost effective price.
- Administer and oversee the warranty recovery process for all applicable parts and/or services.
- Arbitrate any denied warranty to ensure that the maximum value and recovery is received on a timely basis.
- Maintain awareness of applicable airworthiness or maintenance events to capture applicable warranty opportunities. Ensures all warranty goals and audit requirements are met.
- Monitor and track all purchase/repair/warranty orders to ensure deliveries or awards are made according to established schedules.
- Develop and maintain data reflecting suppliers’ performance, producing performance reports, as directed.
- Monitor all aspects of the supply chain, including overall cycle time, to ensure parts are available when and where they are needed.
- May require the monitoring of inventory levels to ensure part availability, balancing required service levels to the company’s financial cost. Requirement may include generating requisitions for purchase or initiating the movement of existing inventory to support demand.
- Ensure all assigned goals are met within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Assist in providing “on the job” training for other department associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
All About You
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and related experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement, Contract or Warranty preferred
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Analytical, interpretive and organizational skills
- Able to multi task efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and able to work with all levels of an organization
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Able to work additional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Some travel is required, approximately 3-5 times per year.
Endeavor Air is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.