Electronics Design Engineer (Avionics)
We have a fascinating opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer with avionics experience to join a leading Cambridge based R&D company. The Electronics Engineer will need skills in High Speed Digital (FPGAs, VHDL/Verilog etc) and ideally either embedded software, analogue or RF electronics design. This is a company who are conjuring up some seriously disruptive technology and changing the landscape in many industry sectors such as Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Biotechnology - as well as Defence and Aerospace.
The Electronics Engineer will be a key member of a high calibre team of Electronics and Firmware Engineers. Working in a purpose built and state-of-the-art facility, you will apply your hardware electronics design skills to a range of fascinating projects covering areas such as commercial avionics, air traffic control systems, electronic warfare, radar and sonar - and occasionally more diverse projects such as advanced data protection. Project variety is guaranteed - no two projects and no two days will ever be the same. On top of this, the company offer a superb salary & benefits package with excellent opportunities for career progression. Employees and innovation are at the heart of this business so you can expect a strong personal development programme whilst working on unique and market disruptive products.
The Electronics Design Engineer will be involved in all stages of technology and product development including design specification, analysis, computational modelling, prototype design, laboratory testing, process development and manufacturing.
What are we looking for?
- Must have a 1st or 2.1 degree from a leading University in a related subject, e.g. Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or possibly Applied Physics
- A drive and passion for technology advancement and an unquenchable thirst for finding new ways to solve complex technology problems
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Wide ranging electronics design skills covering one or more of: Digital Design, FPGAs, Analogue / Analog electronics design, Power Electronics, RF, embedded firmware, PCB layouts.
- A good understanding of basic physics
- At least 3-5 years' experience in the electronic design of commercial or military avionics and/or related aerospace applications.
Salary ?35k - ?65k + excellent package including (excellent Pension, bonus, private health, life insurance, share scheme) A very generous relocation package is also available.
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Cambridge, Huntington, Peterborough, Bedford, Royston etc.)