The Sales Account Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service, securing the renewal of existing business with assigned accounts, solicits and develops new business with airlines and OEM’s through networking, prospecting, and communicating with current clients.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively establish and maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Ensure sales and gross margin are achieved or exceeded each quarter.
- Make outbound sales calls, developing customer relationships that demonstrate an understanding of their business needs and requirements.
- Develop strong rapport with customers to ensure high levels of customer
- Negotiate price and delivery, calculate margins and quote client accordingly.
- Conduct daily follow-ups on existing customer quotes.
- Assist with order processing, expediting, and status updates.
- Daily management of Open Order Report. Determine customer requirements and prioritize orders.
- Must fully understand industry regulated Certification and Traceability Requirements.
- Assist with AOG duties as scheduled.
- Recognize and communicate industry trends and news.
- Analyse customer purchasing patterns in order to better anticipate customer needs.
- Work with the sales leadership team to ensure market share is maintained and/or appropriate pricing is documented within the business software.
- Exceed individual KPI’s on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual level.
Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
- Ability to define problems, collect data and have excellent follow up skills.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a part of a team, as well as take initiative and work independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to multitask and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Must be organized and demonstrate excellent time management.
- Travel - 10% percent travel primarily to assigned accounts and trade shows.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business or combined education or equilant industry experience.
2-5 years’ experience in sales within the aviation industry.
Individuals with Aviation Aftermarket part sales experience are preferred.