Exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join a developing aerospace manufacturer in Consett, near Durham / Newcastle. They make machined structural components for clients to include Airbus, Embraer and Gulfstream.
The site which, is part of a European aerospace group, has enjoyed substantial investment over recent years, with continuous development plans moving forward.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager the Project Engineer is responsible for delivering contracted products and services to agreed clients' specifications. The Project Engineer undertakes a similar role to that of a Project Manager but with a particular focus on the technical aspects of the project.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, or required experience.
- Aerospace or Automotive industry background and understanding of AS 9100 standards.
- Substantial experience in a similar project management engineering role, within a lean / continuous improvement environment.
- Able to undertake problem analysis and have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines.
- Communication skills, able to build good working relations with key stakeholders.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to use drawing packages to support the design of new technologies / manufacturing processes.
- Confident, professional and be able to demonstrate initiative and drive.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a pro-active approach to work, with high work standards and tenacity.
- Developing solutions for both New Product Introduction and process improvement projects, by understanding the clients' requirements and specification.
- Working closely with the client and project teams to ensure a high-quality solution delivered on time to the client.
- Working with Project Leaders, and within multi-disciplinary teams, to ensure the solution is delivered on time and within the allocated budget. Depending on the size and scope of the project the Project Engineer may also be the Project Leader.
- Close liaison with manufacturing staff during the project to ensure the solution meets the client's quality expectations.
- Developing new solutions, whether the incorporation of a new technology to manufacturing capability or adding a new solution to the portfolio.
- The technical / engineering aspects of a project as directed by the Project Leader.
- Timing plans and budgets relating to engineering activities.
- The development of technical solutions / implementation of technologies in-line with the project timing plan and budget.
- Development of internal specifications for new technologies / manufacturing processes.
- Training of office staff and/or shop floor operatives to new specifications or processes.
- Point of contact for client for technical matters.
Note to recruitment agencies - this vacancy is under a managed service agreement - direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.