Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Team Leader is directly responsible to coordinate and supervise the Maintenance activities required in order to provide serviceable aircraft that meet operation requirements while satisfying Transport Canada and Air Canada standards of airworthiness.
Administers safety compliance, Company SOP’s, and TC standards through daily observation and interventions.
Direct management of daily operational objectives.
Responsible for production capabilities by; Directing the work of others, Managing Aircraft Technician assignments, Distributing manpower, and Prioritizing job tasks.
Resolve issues concerning regulatory compliance, quality control, supply chain, and tooling to meet scheduled ground time objectives.
Ensures there is clear and concise communication passed on to, and from, their Team, MOC, SOC, STOC and the Operations Manager.
Build estimates and update the Operations Manager on aircraft status versus departure schedule.
Responsible to make sure that the aircraft visit is accomplished within pre-established times.
Front line responsibility of Out of service, OTP, Broken work, and MEL (+/-) contribution performance.
Ensure Aircraft Technicians are accountable for their performance. Dispatch appropriate skills to aircraft via VHF.
- Must hold a valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) or equivalent
- Ability to work in a team concept as facilitator, focus on the team success.
- Sound technical and working knowledge of processes, procedures and Information Technology Systems relative to the specific work area.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Have organizational skills.
- Be able to work independently.
- Thorough understanding of Line Maintenance aircraft check procedures an asset.
- Proficiency with PC (Word, Excel and Power Point) an asset.
- Shift work is a requirement for this position.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.