Salary: £37.00 - £38.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Systems Engineer Jobs
Fuel and Landing Gear Flight Test Analysis Test Engineer
Bristol - Contract until end of December 19 initially, likely extended beyond - £38 p/h Ltd
A vacancy has arisen with our civil aerospace client based in Filton for the role of Fuel and Landing Gear Flight Test Analysis Test Engineer.
Our client is looking for someone who is motivated by data analysis. You will work with the Head of Fuel & Landing Gear Avionics and FT Analysis (EVYPA) and will prepare and analyse tests involving Aircraft including In Service Data analysis. Every day will present a new challenge with a variety of work from agreement on Flight Test Requirements, Definition and validation of Flight Test Instrumentation, following flights live through telemetry facilities, participating in post flight debriefs and preparing Flight Test Results Analysis.
The team forms part of the transnational "Energy and Landing Gear" Sub-Domain (EVYP) in the Flight and Integration Test Centre (EV). They are a product focused organisation with a history of delivering innovation.
EV tests the integration of the complete A/C and this is reflected in ways of working, so you will interact and build relationships with colleagues across Europe and across the A/C Systems.
So, are you someone who enjoys getting hands-on with products, interrogating data generated on them, and rigorously assessing their performance? Are you someone who needs to see tangible results - excited by technical challenges, fault finding and resolving technical problems with creative solutions with a digital mind-set?
- Collaborate with Design Office & Flight Test Specialist Engineers to determine and capture Test campaign requirements.
- Collaborate with other areas of the test organisation to prepare Instrumentation, prepare flight test procedures, follow tests (including use of telemetry), acquire results and write Flight Test Results Analyses in response to Flight Test Requests.
- Collaborate with other areas of Engineering to develop and validate algorithms to support targeted analysis from large datasets and determine trends in system behaviours over fleets / types / campaigns.
- A grounding in Data Analysis, coupled with a working knowledge of data acquisition philosophies and systems is essential.
- Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent plus relevant background in the field of this role.
- Fuel and Landing gear systems knowledge
- Knowledge of systems testing techniques.
- Awareness of safe ways of working in a non-office environment.
- Personal drive and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers/suppliers at all levels.