Loyd's Aviation is seeking an aircraft mechanic to join our team. Loyd's Aviation has been serving the aviation community in Bakersfield, CA for over 60 years. Position is full-time with benefits and bonus pay eligibility.
- Inspects, services, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs airframe systems, piston and turbine engines, propellers and appliances.
- Services, maintains, and repairs aircraft fuselage, empennage, wings and flight control surfaces.
- Performs preventative maintenance, inspections, troubleshooting and repairs to airframe electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, environmental and mechanical systems.
- Performs rigging of landing gear, flight controls and engine controls.
- Performs removal and replacement of airframe and engine components such as fuel control units, cylinders, fuel pumps, fluid hoses, vacuum pumps, alternators, compressor bleed valves, landing gear motors and actuators.
- Performs removal and replacement of engines and propellers.
- Performs repairs to airframe structural and non-structural components using various sheet metal tools such as rivet guns, drills, shears, sheet metal brakes and grinding wheels.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer's maintenance publications, schematics, technical data and other specifications pertaining to work being performed.
- Performs 100-hour, phase and progressive inspections to airframes, engines, propellers and associated components.
- Performs compliance of airworthiness directives, manufacturer's service bulletins and other technical requirements.
- Performs ground handling of aircraft including towing, jacking, leveling and taxiing.
- Keeps a clean work area as required to maintain a professional and safe work environment.
- Attends training classes as required to maintain a high level of proficiency.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess an FAA issued A&P (Airframe and Powerplant) Certificate license.
- Airport Security Background Checks/Fingerprints
- Pre-Employment and Random Drug/Alcohol Testing
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge and use of special tools / equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- PC knowledgeable.
- Read and speak English fluently.