Our San Diego studio seeks a Job Captain who is pursuing long-term career relationships with advancement potential. Ideal candidates will have at least 6 years of experience with various project types.
Candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience with any combination of the following project types: education, mixed-use, retail, corporate, industrial tech, & life sciences.
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, and familiarity with other Construction and A&E industry software applications. (i.e. SketchUp is a plus)
- Skilled at Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Familiar with materials and methods of construction.
- Skilled in construction document detailing and coordination of consultant documents.
- Knowledge of structural, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems along with strong understanding of civil designs and documentation
- Understanding of current building/zoning codes & ADA requirements/standards. Knowledge of DSA is a plus.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset.
Candidate roles & responsibilities include the following:
- Work under the collaborative direction of firm Principals & Project Managers to develop design concepts that respond to both client and studio objectives
- Assist project lead in developing and coordinating project documents for bidding and construction.
- Provide input to the design and construction schedule - communicate the technical implications of design decisions.
- Manages time effectively and meets established utilization goals.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of the drawings and specifications, including program compliance; Code and agency compliance; schedule commitments; and product research.
- Organize and direct the consulting engineering team to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and coordinated manner.
- Develop and maintain a continuing strong client relationship(s) that seeks to develop future business opportunities.
- Operate & fully implement Pacific Cornerstone Architecture's operation policies.
- Responsible for assisting with BIM & AutoCAD standards and production.
- Establish and maintain project communications and documentation.
- Reviews project status with Project Manager/Architect on periodic basis as determined by the project team.
- Assist in RFP & RFQ preparation is a plus.
- Assist in mentoring less experienced team members to collectively grow the studio's knowledge.
- Active in company culture and volunteering events.