Important! This job ad is no longer active
Last updated: 2019-05-31
Valid to: 2019-06-19
Maintenance Repair Operations, Avionics Engineer
Fully qualified SR Aviation Claims adjuster will be responsible for:
- Settling claims within authority without specific instructions
- Under direction, designated to adjust moderately complex types of claims including those complicated by multiple issues
- Handle claims up to Claims Specialist level
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex Aviation & General Liability claims. Manage routine litigation
- Verify/analyze coverage
- Proper use and management of outside vendors, consultants, field investigations and expert witnesses; audit and reconcile costs and fees. Refer cases to appropriate legal resources.
- Support business partners by maintaining and enhancing relationships with customers and brokers
- Adhere to litigation management guidelines, manage legal expenses
- Obtain and document information on the circumstances of the case, and obtain supporting evidence of losses and coverages. Adhere to all regulatory requirements
- Set initial reserve and continue evaluation as facts change, making changes or recommendations for reserve changes. Establish and
- Minimum 3 to 5 years: Minimum of 3-5 years handling Aviation and General Liability litigated and non-litigated claims.
- Ability to analyze coverage and direct defense counsel.
- Knowledge of claims handling procedures, philosophy, legal concepts, terminology, financial concepts for reserving, & determining losses, negotiation & settlement techniques.
- Analytical/technical skills.
- Advanced: Interpersonal & communication skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced: Strong organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to work in a highly productive environment.
- Intermediate: Utilize computer systems.
- Advanced: Strong customer service/telephone skills.
This opportunity can be based in our St. Louis, MO or Alpharetta, GA office locations.
no requirements specified