Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Java Developer is responsible for the design and the development of the Enterprise’s core Application Programming Interfaces (API) and integration flows. The incumbent will play a key role within the newly created Enterprise Integration Team at Air Canada. Together, we will facilitate integrations between the different Air Canada systems, and develop the Enterprise’s core services. These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape the company, such as the replacement of the company’s core Passenger Service System and a new loyalty program. Air Canada is also massively investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to learn state of the art technologies at an industry leader, as well as to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
Develop scalable, high performance and robust integration flows between systems using Air Canada’s Enterprise Integration Platform
Design, document and develop core Enterprise APIs that will be widely used across the company as well as exposed to business partners
Create unit tests, mocked services for the developed applications
Package and support the deployment of releases
Analyze and resolve technical and applications issues.
Play an active role in projects-related activities, such as sprint planning, daily scrum meeting, sprint review
Actively contribute to the continuous enhancement of the team and the platform, by bringing new ideas and solutions on how to ameliorate the applications, the processes, the delivery, the communication, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3 years minimum of experience in software development
- Strong experience in Java development (at least 2 years)
- Strong experience developing and integrating with mission – critical APIs (min 2 years)
- Previous experience in the followings are required:
- Developing scalable, high performance applications
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Unit testing, Mocking and integration testing
- Agile development methodology
- Version control software
- Relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of API-related formats (XML, JSON), protocols (SOAP, REST, HTTP action verbs) and patterns (authentication)
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- Pro-active and capable of autonomous work.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in learning new technologies and in understanding the airline industry
- High attention to detail, demonstrated ability to produce high quality work
- Demonstrated evidence of a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience with Mulesoft or with another Java-based ESB (IBM IIB, Tibco BusinessWorks)
- Experience with an API-management software (Mulesoft API Manager, IBM API Connect, Apigee, 3scale)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery toolchains
- Experience in the airline industry
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.