Salary: Up to £34.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Structures & Stress Engineer Jobs
Static Stress Engineer (A320)
Morson International are currently seeking an experienced Structural Stress Engineer to join a leading Aerospace Manufacturer on an initial 6-Month Contract at their Filton Office.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £34.00 per hour LTD
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Location: Filton, Bristol
The A320 family of Aircraft is currently undergoing a revolution with major developments of new variants, stress to cost and digitisation of product and process to achieve ramp up. As a result, our client requires a team of experienced Structural Analysis (static stress) Engineers to perform various roles and activities across the SA team.
* You will perform static structural analysis activities within one of the A320 family Wing project engineering teams.
* Activities to include and not limited to:
- Creating Preliminary stress sheets in support of Design Reviews, Justification stress dossiers in support of Certification, Modification or Structural Repair Manual, creating detailed FEMS
- Pre-sizing new or modified structure - advising Designers of stress needs
- Checking and validating other's calculations (where experience permits)
* You should have a proven track record of:
- Producing static stress calculations with minimal leadership or supervision
- Presenting those calculations in a concise and clear manner
- Achieving delivery to Time, Cost and Quality
- Finding creative solutions to complex problems and low RF resolution
* You will have experience using the ISAMI suite of Stress Analysis Tools (Essential).
* You will have experience of FEA Linear analysis and be aware of opportunities available with using Non-Linear FEA.
* You will have experience in airframe engineering and preferably on Wing structures.
* You have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
* You desire to work in an open and trusting environment.
* You will integrate and influence technical experts and specialists to achieve optimum technical and business solutions.
* Minimum 5 Years in an Engineering Structural Analysis role.
* If you have previously held Stress Approval in metallic and composite structures it would be advantageous.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Stress Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).