Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a Strategic Procurement Manager who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Knowledge Management (KM) team. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Maintenance Strategic Procurement Manager who oversees the categories of Maintenance. The successful candidate will play a key role in leading and contributing to broad range of sourcing events within this category. Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization.
This role requires someone who will be a key contributor to important sourcing projects for Air Canada as it expands internationally and focuses on improving customer service. The successful candidate will apply a passion for leadership and collaboration in order to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
The Strategic Procurement Manager will work with the Senior Maintenance Strategic Procurement Manager and the entire category team in leading sourcing projects related to the procurement of Engines, APUs, Landing Gear and other aircraft assets.
This individual will lead projects individually as well as support the Senior Maintenance Strategic Procurement Manager in collaborating across cross-functional teams and delivering high quality services with a strong focus on value. The candidate will also bring a strong focus on revenue generation and customer-centricity through a variety of initiatives.
In this role, responsibilities will include conducting supply market research, building category/project baselines, establishing sourcing strategies, seeking proposals, conducting negotiations, and contributing to the overall improvement of procurement practices at Air Canada.
- Lead and manage procurement events, independently or in collaboration with the Director, Strategic Sourcing - Air Canada Maintenance:
- Conduct supply market research and baseline spend analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies
- Lead competitive bid and contract negotiations
- Design and implement category strategies that deliver financial and other performance targets such as service, quality, and risk management
- Draft and execute contracts
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procurement practices:
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Develop models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Act as an ambassador for Strategic Procurement and Air Canada:
- Further develop SP relationships with internal customers through all engagements and current/potential service providers to Air Canada
- Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SP
- Actively engage in learning Commercial and IT subject matter, negotiation best practices, Air Canada’s governance and business processes
- University degree in the relevant field of study (Commerce, Supply chain, Finances) or professional experience to support the responsibilities of this role
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- Experience in the any of the fields of: procurement, passenger airlines, airline catering, foodservices, packaged goods, food production, supply chain and/or logistics are all of added benefit.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may be required
- Completion of (or working towards) a designation in SCMA, ISM or other procurement designation is an asset
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.