Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the permanent full-time positions of Aircraft Technicians or Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in Vancouver.
Aircraft Technicians / Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are responsible for airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following video with more information about the Aircraft Technician/Aircraft Maintenance Engineer role:
- High School diploma.
- You must have completed a recognized apprenticeship program, and/or have a least 4 years industry related experience.
- Possession of a Transport Canada AME M2 or M1 license (mandatory)
- Possession of valid driver's license (mandatory)
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam, physical and a security check.
- Be available to work night, evenings and days including weekends and holidays.
- Night shift is the permanent position for this posting. Possibility to change with seniority.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to pass and obtain an airside vehicle operator’s permit (mandatory)
- Possession of a restricted radio operators permit (aviation).
- Ability to pass security clearance and obtain the Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC). Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Endorsements on Air Canada aircraft type.
- Current security clearance.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.