Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada Cargo has become over the last years a more and more data driven organization and as BI group we are aiming to further elevate our organization to the next level by continuing to innovate and promote the data analytics culture.
We are therefore looking for a Business Analytics Manager that will help to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data to make smarter decisions.
You will be responsible for identifying the varied existing sources of data, accessing that information and delivering meaningful analytics and business intelligence through creation of reports and dashboards while constantly innovating by using the latest available BI technology and analytics techniques to drive improved decision making.
Establish a strong relationship with the stakeholders to understand their needs, manage expectations/timing and exceed expectations in creation and maintenance of reporting, analytics and BI requirements to drive the business.
- Familiarize and master the database/Management information/IT tools used at AC Cargo
- Act as a consultant to the departments on their BI needs to ensure they get the most benefit out of the available datasets
- Based on the requirements, collect and prepare the relevant data from different data sources
- Develop and implement dashboards while ensuring they fit in the overall BI strategy
- Fully understand the potential and capabilities of the BI tools used and constantly try to innovate using the latest functionalities and capabilities
- Apply analytics techniques where applicable
- Play a key role in supporting and guiding the Power User community
- Participate in the corporate AI initiative to ensure alignment with the branch
- Actively participate in strategic projects/initiatives that require in depth analysis of data
- University degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science and Business Intelligence major
- Experience in data exploration using Teradata, MS Azure cloud platform
- Experience with WebFOCUS/PowerBI or any other BI Tool an asset
- Experience in R, Python an asset
- Very strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization
- Team player enjoying to work in a collaborative environment
- Proven organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work with changing priorities and fixed deadlines
- Solid knowledge of MS Office suite of products
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.