- The physical workload for this position ranges from light to very heavy. Tasks require force exertions such as repetitively lifting 70 pounds (32 kilograms) unaided, walking lengthy distances and or working in confined spaces while loading cargo into aircraft compartments. Physical activity including but not limited to bending, pushing, pulling, lifting and twisting are all normal daily requirements.
- Accept and deliver cargo, mail and comat ensuring that the associated paperwork is correct and that the shipment is correctly marked and labeled.
- Buildup and breakdown pallets, ULDs, cart Load and unload trucks.
- Store cargo and comat in appropriate racks/bins/areas recordings and reporting locations as required.
- Receive and answer enquiries from the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees.
- Physically handle Cargo/Mail/Comat manually or by machine (e.g., fork lift).
- Drive Company vehicles.
- Accept and process Hazardous/Restricted material shipments in accordance with Company and Governmental rules and regulations. In the absence of Manager and Lead Customer Service Agent, make, carry out and document decisions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit and protect Company interests.
- Inform staff either verbally or in writing, as required, of changes in rules, methods or procedures.
- Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Collect and compile statistical data.
- Assist in the investigation of damaged or incomplete shipments and completion of bad order reports as required.
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative.
- Must be capable of expressing self in a clear and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision.
- Must, after training, be able to use the Company's automated cargo tracking and accounting system.
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard.
- Must posses a valid drivers license
- Must be able to operate Company vehicles and machinery.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift seventy (70) lbs unaided.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
While on duty MUST wear safety shoes as described in Company regulations.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.