Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the permanent full-time positions of Aircraft Technicians / Aircraft Maintenance Engineers at our Toronto Maintenance Centre.
Aircraft Technicians / Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are responsible for airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following video with more information about the Aircraft Technician/Aircraft Maintenance Engineer role:
- High School diploma
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program, and/or at least 4 years of industry related experience
- Possession of a Transport Canada AME M2 license (Mandatory)
- Possession of a valid driver's license (Mandatory)
- Successfully passing the pre-employment qualifying exam, physical and a security check
- Availability to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work the night shift for this role. Possibility to change with seniority.
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to Pass and obtain an airside vehicle operator’s permit (Mandatory)
- Ability to pass security clearance and obtain the Restricted area identity card (RAIC). Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details
- Possession of a restricted radio operators permit (aviation)
- Endorsements on Air Canada aircraft type
- Current security clearance
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.