Salary: Up to £26.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Writers & Authors Jobs
An opportunity has arisen with a leading aerospace defence client based near Preston to join the publications department, assisting with the set up of their new interactive electronic Manuel and documentation system. This position is initially for 12 months.
The job will involve:
- Processing the Export/Import of Data with partner nations using Support Products toolsets
- Support to Data Generation team - help with data issues and IT problems
- Support to existing LITAs, ordering software and managing access
- Elements of platform Build across all Air platforms - mainly including the replication and distribution of DVD deliveries
- Working as part of the larger Capability Development team to support some development projects as additional support is needed within the team
- The candidate will be joining a small team that provides support to a large data generation team, working in an open plan office environment.
The candidate should have:
- A good knowledge of all Microsoft Office software, with particular emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in problem solving and the analysis of Excel/Access issues would be desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision, but also work as part of a team. The work is varied and a willingness to learn and adapt is needed.
- Conscientious, honest and flexible - work levels may necessitate overtime at peak times. Set working hours are not available.
- A knowledge of SGML/Html/XML is also desirable but not crucial as training will be given.
- Whilst experience would be desirable training will be given so this role would suit a candidate who is enthusiastic and learns quickly.