Salary: £9.60 - £12.00 per hour
Job type: Contract
Category: Machinist Jobs
PRODUCTION OPERATIVES (CONTRACT - ON-GOING)
A leading Aerospace manufacturer operating in the defence sector is seeking several production operators within tank assembly and mould machining departments. This is initially a contract of 12 weeks but likely to be long-term/on-going
To undertake activities in order to manufacture and assemble products within the mould shop factory using standard work processes and working to the required quality and safety standards and specifications.
Principal Accountabilities for (relevant to mould operating):
- To interpret drawings, history sheets and process specs in accordance with the drawing specifications
- To mould a variety of rubber materials using mould tools
- To operate compression moulds / injection mould machines
- To sign off own work at appropriate work stages with production stamp
- To conduct other manufacturing / assembly duties within their general capabilities as required by the business
- Follow company procedures for quality and safety to ensure adherence to the product manufacturing processes
- Undertake the appropriate Health & Safety, legislative or relevant skills training in connection with their role.
- To participate in and make recommendations to continuous improvements through Lean Manufacturing that will assist with production efficiency.
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
- Knowledge/Experience of compression / injection moulding would be desirable.
- Understanding of basic engineering principles
- Familiar with and have used hand tools and Portable Electrical appliances
- Use to working in a medium/heavy manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
- Willingness to learn skills required to operate machinery and learn processes
- Self starter with the ability to work with the minimum of Supervision.
- Good level of written and oral communication skills.