Security Clearance: None
The Aircraft Mechanic I will work directly with the Senior Mechanic to service, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, modify and overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Inspects and assists with repairs of aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Examines engines for oil leaks, inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Assist in removing engines from aircraft, using a hoist.
- Assist in disassembling and inspecting engine parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine on aircraft, while being supervised.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, towing, servicing fuel, and jacking the aircraft.
- Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, and engineering instructions.
- Service engines and airframe components required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Perform other duties as requested
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair, procedures and replacement parts.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft construction, component parts, and the operation of aircraft systems/components.
- Will be required to lead teams through complex aircraft relevant tasks, and be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Must possess good reading and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to use and maintain all shop tools and shop equipment.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends and flexible hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain certifications, licenses and/or clearances necessary for position.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year aircraft mechanical experience.
- A&P License preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hanger or outside
- No travel required
Aviation / Support (Full-time)