On behalf of a highly successful Aviation Organisation, Zenon are looking to source a Business Development Manager to be located in Farnborough.
• Competitive Salary and Commission Structure
• Company Benefits
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Commercial Manager, Business Managers and existing Account Managers, the BD Manager will be responsible for developing and closing new sales opportunities across the portfolio of services including Aircraft Management (private clients and major corporations) and Special Missions.
This exciting role will be focusing on developing new clients, new markets and new service offerings in conjunction with the sales and marketing team and key members of the leadership team. The role encompasses the full gamut of sales and business development from generating new leads to writing proposals, closing contracts and developing strategies and sales plans to expand and grow the business.
On a day-to-day basis the role will involve seeking out opportunities across the UK and into mainland Europe to bring new aircraft under management (either privately or onto our AOC), to develop compelling proposal materials and work with colleagues and the clients to earn trust and respect in this highly competitive market.
The role requires a focus on both short to medium term opportunity development and closure but also a view on the medium to long term business development strategy to accomplish our ambitious growth targets. This will include analyzing market dynamics and our competitive position to develop sales campaigns and new market penetration plans in adjacent sectors.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain thorough understanding of services offered
- Build sales strategy across this remit, predominantly by winning new accounts
- Engage with marketing department to generate effective and targeted marketing collateral
- Using network and market intelligence to generate and maintain likely market trends and competitor analysis to support market position strategy
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships whilst being aware of the varying customer cultures
- Proactively generate leads and sales opportunities
- Develop sales strategies, closure plan and commercial response to convert these opportunities to revenue to hit target sales numbers for year
- Maintain clear and accurate view of sales pipeline using Customer Resource Management tool
- Generate forecast statements to reflect out-turn of sales by month, quarter and full year
- Generate win/loss analysis reports to inform future positioning strategy and bid development
- Be aware of the other services the group of companies offer and identify potential secondary sales opportunities
Successful candidates must possess the following:
- A proven track record of successful sales and business development within Corporate / Business Aviation Services
- A broad knowledge of Business Aviation and associated support services
- Be prepared to accept responsibility and work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment and maintain composure under pressure
- The ability to recognise and react to changing priorities
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and a desire to succeed
- Numerate with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Great Customer Relations skills – preferably with a background in Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI) but also an understanding of government procurement methods
- Flexible and adaptable
- Organisational and time management skills
- Good knowledge and use of IT skills
- Excellent command of the English language, other languages a potential advantage
- Full driving license
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Ashley Ewen, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.