Salary: Up to £400.00 per day + Ltd, negotiable
Job type: Contract
Sector: Military & Defence
Category: Systems Engineer Jobs
Reading - 6 month duration - Pay rate circa £400 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to work for our client on a large scale military Air Traffic Management project for the MOD. In conjunction with its partner, our client will deliver a capability upgrade that will provide the MOD with ATM Services for a period of 22 years. The scope delivery includes the provision of integrated surveillance assets including static, deployed and other radar systems, communications equipment, network capability and centralised ATM capability.
This role will be broad in technical coverage and successful implementation of the system architecture will be a primary aspect of the delivery. The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for the technical development, integration & acceptance of the Network Solution.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to…
- To be responsible for the following activities within the scope of the Network Solution:
- Technical development of the solution (including the coordination of transverse engineering activities e.g. Safety, Security & Environmental) to achieve required levels of technical maturity defined in the engineering lifecycle
- Integration of the Network Solution with other Marshall Solutions (Surveillance, Communications and ATC)
- Validation, verification & qualification of the Network Solution including progressive assurance throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Perform sub-system requirements traceability & the definition of verification methods & acceptance evidence.
- Co-ordinate with other technical inputs to ensure system solution compliance
- Actively manage technical risks of the Network Solution including the definition & execution of mitigation activities such as early integration testing where required.
- Manage change to the technical solution via the defined processes
- Ensure all the technical activities undertaken comply with the relevant Chorus processes
The successful candidate will be someone who…
- Is a team player with a "can-do" attitude that performs effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Has a willingness to work in a matrix style organisation and a collaborative working environment, both within the UK and across national boundaries
- Is confident in their ability to present solutions in design reviews, help solve complex problems, asks challenging questions to develop their understanding, and suggests new ideas to further our product offering and increase our added value
- Is a self-starter, with an ability to manage their own workload and meet their agreed objectives
- Displays enthusiasm about learning new skills and technology, and takes their own self-development seriously.Desired knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- An understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles - presenting and managing lifecycle reviews
- Proven ability working on defence projects and dealing with the MOD
- Proven ability of undertaking design reviews, progressing engineering documentation in line with requirements and pushing to achieve milestones
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer's requirement
- PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience of requirements capture and management (e.g. in DOORS), is preferred but not essential
- Experience of configuration & documentation production & management (e.g. in Windchill / PALMA), is preferred but not essential
- Networking (Cisco & Juniper) domain knowledge is welcomed but not essential. Candidates with experience of working on military projects that involve a networked system would also be very suitable.